Role: Crime Solicitor – Reading
Salary: £25,000- £30,000 depending on experience
An excellent opportunity for someone looking to qualify as a duty solicitor, as we will assist you to obtain your duty solicitor qualification.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- Responsible for all aspects of Crime work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management.
- Variety of duties including dealing with a full range of Criminal Defence cases both Private and Legal Aid clients and be able to manage complex and sensitive cases ranging from bail applications, serious fraud, white collar crime, murder, drug crime and theft, liaising with the CPS and courts, preparing statements and collating evidence
- Representing clients detained at the police station, conducting advocacy in the Magistrates Court, attending to clients both in and outside of office hours.
Key Skills Required
- Police Station Accredited
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner to deal with vulnerable clients and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publicly funded Crime work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in handling a Criminal Defence caseload
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills. Knowledge of Leap case management system an advantage.
- 30 days annual leave
- Opportunity for overtime
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Andrew Storch Solicitors is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies